Sessions Full at this time… Sign Up to “Connect with Us” by providing your email address to the right!
Programs run 9am to 5pm and are held at The Javelin Leadership Development Institute training space. Participant space is limited to 12 registrants.
2015 Early Bird Tuition (See Registration Policy) $1,590. Regular Tuition $1,980
Communicate with Influence: Presentation Skills
A communication skills training session on how to present with influence. In this two-day program you develop business communication skills for presentations and public speaking in the workplace. The program begins with a review of the science of influence and persuasion, covers the principles of communication and public speaking, and supplants advanced techniques for establishing credibility and constructing effective, logical, persuasive arguments. You’ll have the opportunity to practice a series of presentations throughout the session which will be analyzed, evaluated, and discussed. The training is complemented by best-in-class benchmark assessments and videotaped feedback which is used during one-to-one (1:1) coaching sessions throughout the session for skill improvement.
In the classroom sessions of this course, you will be recorded in action as you address your peers. These videotaped presentations will allow you to see yourself as you really are. Then, in one-to-one (1:1) coaching sessions throughout the program you’ll receive feedback and have the opportunity to see yourself relax, improve, and refine your public speaking persona with every presentation! These recordings will be yours to keep for further review post session.
What You Will Learn
- The 6 elements of the Science of Influence and Persuasion
- The principles of business communication
- How to handle criticism, conflict, and interviews in the workplace
- The SpearTM communication methodology
- How to give an effective presentation or speech, including question and answer sessions
- How to leverage body language and PowerPoint for successful presentations
- The Science of Influence and Persuasion
- Barriers to Communication
- How to Introduce Yourself for Maximum Impact
- Targeting Your Audience (Hostile, Disengaged, Hostage, etc.)
- Speaking with Audience Accuracy
- The Art of using Stories and Narratives
- Presenting the Perfect Pitch (idea, thought, etc.)
- Interviewing and Writing Skills
Who Should Register
If you are a leader in your organization interested in improving your ability to communicate effectively in the workplace, and have either completed a basic communications or public speaking course (or have experience in public speaking), you will benefit from this program.
The August 29–30 program is sold out. Please sign up to be placed on the waitlist.
You may also be interested in:
- Communicate with Influence: The Series (Presentations, Negotiations, Pitches and Assertiveness)
- Communicate with Influence: Negotiation Skills
- Communicate with Influence: Pitch Skills
- Communicate with Influence: Assertiveness Skills
- Communicate with Influence: The Strategic Plan (FOR EXECUTIVES ONLY)