Are You a Professional Operating at the Tip of the Spear?
Tip of the Spear Ventures is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients identify, shift, and create value in the midst of transformational change, merger & acquisition activity, or when facing liquidation or legal pressures. Enhanced by senior level engagement with clients, Tip of the Spear Venture Consultants provide services that extend from expert and advisory work through implementation and outsourcing. Turnaround consulting with us combines change technical expertise with business pragmatism to address clients’ needs in accelerating industries across manufacturing, retail/wholesale, and retail environments.
Our team of professionals are bound through a shared commitment to excellence and purpose of enabling our clients shape the world. There are several ties that bind us, including:
- Being at the “Tip of the Spear” or a “Leading” position on turnaround engagements, knowing that the “Rest of the Spear” will follow in-kind based on the pace/environment we create
- Working on issues that matter to clients as a collective sum of individuals, both today and tomorrow
- Navigating complexity and removing barriers so that clients can focus on what they do best
- Squarely facing “Great” challenges and not shying away from ambiguity or difficulty
- Anticipating where the world is heading based on our market insights
The Venture Consultant (Turnaround/Performance Improvement) candidate will have experience in the turnaround space, preferably in the area of performance improvement within manufacturing, retail/wholesale, and retail environments. Specifically, the successful candidate will have expertise in manipulating data using Excel, Access and other spreadsheets, coordinating work team product outputs, and the ability to lead teams.
Tip of the Spear Ventures is seeking Venture Consultants with a proven track record in operational improvement using leading edge technology to join our team at different client sites throughout the country.
- Ensuring successful completion of project deliverables
- Working closely in partnership with the Managing Director in running client meetings, training and staff monitoring
- Providing consistent flawless work product under the supervision of the Managing Director
- Directing junior-level consultant in work product for learning delivery systems, Dashboard delivery systems, real time monitoring systems, and change management under the supervision of the Managing Director
- Delegating to staff in execution of a project plan
- Defining the consulting model required for Tip of the Spear Ventures
- Work with the Managing Director to analyze current process and propose change to existing systems
- Interacting with all levels of the client management team to ensure successful completion of the project
- Monitor actual performance against schedule
- You can expect 80% travel during project duration
- Work is 3-4 days at client site and Friday at home
- Relocation is NOT required for this position
- Travel expenses to and from client site, car rental, etc. will be reimbursed in addition to a per diem
- Minimum Five years consulting or C-Suite Leadership experience
- Six Sigma preferred, Turnaround Management Association – TMA Certifications a plus
- Expert knowledge of process improvement/change models and experience in implementation/execution
- Extensive experience in managing clients and large scale complex work flow redesign projects
- Relevant experience working on a consulting engagement that utilized methodologies and metrics similar to Tip of the Spear projects
- Excellent communication skills: writing, interviewing, influencing/persuading, selling and presenting
- Comfortable with using, analyzing, and improving innovative software technologies
- Ability to multi-task and constantly prioritize and organize
- Ability to generate, analyze, and interpret complex data and concepts
- Ability and disposition to teach and learn from clients/peers, regardless of organizational level
- External consulting and/or project management, or leadership experience preferred
- Understanding of computerized data flow and use of technologies to improve processes preferred
- BS Business Administration, BS Business focus preferred
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft ACCESS, SharePoint and Visio experience a plus
The Venture Consultant (Turnaround/Performance Improvement) Application
To become a Tip of the Spear Venture Consultant, we encourage you to apply today by submitting cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip of the Spear Ventures does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Tip of the Spear and Tip of the Spear will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.