Are You a Sales Professional Operating at the Tip of the Spear?
Tip of the Spear Ventures is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients identify, shift, and create value in the midst of transformational change, merger & acquisition activity, or when facing liquidation or legal pressures. As a result of our aggressive business stance when it comes to Business Advisory Services, we transform businesses and their leadership through our leadership development, executive coaching, and communication skills training for leaders in Fortune 1000 | INC 500/5000 organizations.
Our team of professionals are bound through a shared commitment to excellence and purpose of enabling our clients shape the world. There are several ties that bind us, including:
- Being at the “Tip of the Spear” or a “Leading” position on business advisory service engagements, knowing that the “Rest of the Spear” will follow in-kind based on the pace/environment we create
- Working on issues that matter to clients as a collective sum of individuals, both today and tomorrow
- Navigating complexity and removing barriers so that clients can focus on what they do best
- Squarely facing “Great” challenges and not shying away from ambiguity or difficulty
- Anticipating where the world is heading based on our market insights
The Sales Account Manager candidate will have experience in the business advisory services space, preferably in the area of selling the “invisible” within manufacturing, retail/wholesale, and retail environments. Tip of the Spear Venture Sales Account Managers create a sales atmosphere that extends from prospect identification and pipeline fill activities through contact and closing. Sales account management with us combines sales expertise with business pragmatism to address clients’ needs in accelerating industries across manufacturing, retail/wholesale, and retail environments.
Sales Target Expectations:
Specifically, the candidate can expect to be held accountable to hitting specific “Success” targets. After becoming familiar with our Business Advisory Service offerings, the candidate will have expertise in identify prospects, leveraging technology to build a pipeline and close 15 accounts within their initial six months. At the end of your first year, expect that target to double, with compensation in the low-to-mid six figures. Two years from starting the manager will have a client portfolio that generates in excess of $1M+ a year in revenue. Great success comes from mastering a repeatable process and providing service and value with selling finesse, so their ability to coordinate work team product outputs and the ability to lead/collaborate selling teams is imperative.
- Ensuring successful completion of sales objectives
- Working closely in partnership with the Managing Director and Sales Director in conducting client sales meetings, coordinating advisory services and monitoring client satisfaction
- Providing consistent flawless work product under the supervision of the Sales Director
- Delegating to support staff in execution of a sales plan
- Defining the sales model required for Tip of the Spear Ventures
- Work with the Sales Director to analyze current process and propose change to existing systems
- Interacting with all levels of the client management team to ensure successful completion of the project
- Monitor actual performance against schedule
- You can expect less than 10% travel as this position nearly 100% phone/virtual meeting based
- Relocation is NOT required for this position
- When applicable, travel expenses to and from client site, car rental, etc. will be reimbursed in addition to a per diem
- Minimum Three years selling to C-Suite Leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of sales models and experience in implementation/execution
- Extensive experience in managing clients and large scale sales projects
- Relevant experience selling consulting engagements that utilized methodologies and metrics similar to Tip of the Spear Business Advisory Services
- Excellent communication skills: writing, interviewing, influencing/persuading, selling and presenting
- Comfortable with using, analyzing, and improving innovative software technologies
- Ability to multi-task and constantly prioritize and organize
- Ability to generate, analyze, and interpret complex data and concepts
- Ability and disposition to teach and learn from clients/peers, regardless of organizational level
- External sales and/or business development experience preferred
- BS Business Administration, BS Business focus preferred
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Significant sales experience in lieu of college degree will be considered
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft ACCESS, SharePoint and Visio experience a plus
- CRM Proficiency (Salesforce, Sugar CRM, etc.)
The Sales Account Manager Application
To become a Tip of the Spear Sales Account Manager, we encourage you to apply today by submitting cover letter/resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip of the Spear Ventures does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Tip of the Spear Ventures and Tip of the Spear Ventures will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.