Full Job Description
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Las Vegas, NV, USA
About the Chief of Staff, Private Equity
Tip of the Spear’s (TIP) Private Equity Division is seeking a Chief of Staff to support the work of the firm’s Managing Director, the five-member M&A Director team, and TIP’s ten PE professionals across the globe.
The successful Chief of Staff will be a key lieutenant of the Managing Director and help lead new process development, projects, and innovative initiatives; will serve as a voice and point of contact for the Private Equity teams at TIP headquarters, and will be available to serve in a full-time consulting capacity on an interim basis to support short term staffing needs. This is a full-time position virtually based. There will be no travel required for the successful execution of responsibilities. (This role will be remote given the public health environment).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or MS/MA preferred
- Entrepreneurial Management; broad venture operating background a plus
- Practical experience in strategy, sales, or marketing consulting
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and executing standardized business processes
- 10 years of working experience, including 5 years in or in service of a Venture Capital environment strongly preferred
- Experience leading work consisting of structured problem solving, quantitative analysis, and exec-level synthesis
- Experience working as a Chief of Staff, or as part of a Chief of Staff or Strategy and Operations team, for a high-profile executive
- Working experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Capital Asset Management, Retail and/or Consumer Technology
- Demonstrated capacity for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution; an ability to distill complexity into meaningful insights and a coherent story
- A penchant for creative and structured problem solving, utilizing internal and external resources to build innovative processes and tools with quantifiable impact
- Ability to think strategically about new projects and simultaneously get deep into execution details for building and improving new systems, processes, and execution
- Startup mindset & owner mentality
- Experience organizing and leading the operations of small and medium-sized teams, including distributed teammates and both in-house and enterprise technology solution teams
- Demonstrated interest in emerging technologies and innovation
- Support the work of the Managing Director and fully leverage their time & focus, in part by standing in for them as needed on individual projects & meetings
- Take on leadership of individual TIP projects and initiatives, at the direction of the Managing Director, ranging from new products & features to improvements or examinations of existing tools & processes
- Understand and suggest improvements to TIP Private Equity approach, processes, and services to support our efficiency, accuracy, and TIP’s value proposition for portfolio companies and Venture Capital co-investors
- Provide a point of contact and be connective tissue to other key departments within TIP and client organizations
- Directly support the work of TIP’s Private Equity teams, and be available to serve in an interim consulting team leadership capacity during personnel changes across teams, from sourcing & due diligence to deal negotiation
- Build relationships with Private Equity and Business Advisory team professionals across the globe, and serve as an added resource to support the work of those teams — Be a first call on minor or moderate issues
- Participate in Private Equity and Business Advisory Committee meetings as needed
- Be an exceptional teammate and partner for the firm
- Adhere to, and support, TIP policies and procedures regarding conduct, job performance, information management and administrative functions, communicating appropriately regarding any need for exceptions
- Manage day-to-day team operations (budget and headcount allocations) across our organization, and identify key opportunities for operational improvements through new methodologies, tools, templates, dashboards, and processes
- Keep entire organization informed and empowered by establishing, maintaining, and improving regular internal communications vehicles (executive briefings, internal websites, weekly emails, monthly town hall presentations, etc.) and regularly contributing to our business counterparts
- Optimize our Director-led executive meetings by establishing the right cadence, building agendas, curating content, and capturing and tracking KPIs
- Build, track, and update our annual strategic narrative, including establishing Objectives and Key Results, and codify ongoing learnings to be shared in quarterly executive reviews
- Help the organization by continuously improving our team’s effectiveness through regular pulse surveys and data gathering
To become Tip of the Spear’s Chief of Staff, Private Equity, we encourage you to apply today by submitting a cover letter/resume to email@example.com.
Tip of the Spear Ventures does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Tip of the Spear and Tip of the Spear will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.